How does it work?
Fairnurse helps passionate dental practices match with skilled dental nurses.
As a nurse, we first ask you to go through a qualification process to join Fairnurse. Once you’re in, you will gain access to our practices’ and clients job postings and we will proactively help you to find work.
When you’re on a job, we’ll help you with the time reporting and invoicing so you can do what you do best.
Payment will be processed via your chosen bank account.
Once the job is completed, your efforts will be evaluated and reviewed. You will be able to read those evaluations through your profile which will endeavour strengthen your profile.
What makes Fairnurse different from other freelance websites?
The main differences are:
- Fairnurse is only for top dental nurses. By joining Fairnurse, you are in a very strong position with our practices and clients because they know we only contract the best of the best. This increases your chances of working in different environments and continually adapting to new challenges.
- Fairnurse has a strong local presence, both in corporate groups and independent practices in each of our client’s geographical locations. This allows Fairnurse to offer you strong support and understanding throughout the whole process.
- We pay very competitive rates.
By joining Fairnurse, you will have the opportunity to build a long lasting and high quality freelance brand.
How do I get a job?
Once a client posts a job, if you feel you are a good candidate, you will have the opportunity to apply.
Should you be interested in taking the job, you will just have to accept.
Do you qualify the practices or clients?
Yes, we do. When we meet our clients or when they register at Fairnurse, we always verify their standing and ensure they have all necessary documentation in place.
What are the added benefits of joining Fairnurse?
With Fairnurse, you:
- Join an exclusive network that will make your CV stand out from the rest
- Are welcome to join big and small events hosted by Fairnurse
- Get the chance to gain feedback and learn from your jobs and experiences
Do you hire freelance nurses from anywhere?
At the moment we only hire nurses in London, however we are expanding and will offer our services throughout the UK in the near future!
Becoming a Fairnurse
How does the qualification process work?
The qualification process ensures that you, a Fairnurse, belong to the very best network of freelance dental nurses.
Here’s how it works:
- First, sign up to Fairnurse to make a profile
- Next, upload the compliance and identity documents
- Digitally sign the Fairnurse supplier contract
What compliance documents are required?
The following compliance check will be carried out prior to commencement:
- GDC Registration Number
- Identity checks (passport, driving license or birth certificate)
- Digitally signed contract
In addition, the below is required. If you do not have these, we have partners providing the services to you:
- Professional Indemnity
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- Immunisation Check
How long does it take for my compliance documentation to be processed?
The process usually takes up to 72 hours.
Does it cost anything to be a Fairnurse?
Nope! There are no fees for applying to Fairnurse, going through the qualification process or joining the platform. All you can expect is getting paid.
I am a qualified dentist in my own country, can I work as a dental nurse with Fairnurse?
In the UK dental nurses are regulated by the GDC. The GDC maintains a register of qualified dental nurses. You would only be able to work in the UK as a dental nurse if you were on the appropriate register or training to qualify to be included on the register.
How can I build my Fairnurse brand?
Your brand as a Fairnurse nurse will continuously evolve. Once you have been contacted and worked for our clients, they will evaluate your efforts and you will able to showcase these results on your profile.
It is important you keep your profile up-to-date. This is the main source for us to show the clients your experience and skills.
How can I design my profile in the best way?
- Make sure that your profile is updated
- Be honest when describing yourself and your skills
- Make sure it’s clear why you are the best candidate for the job you want
- Describe any relevant work experience and keep text at a reasonable length
- Try and focus not only on your knowledge and skills, but also on what motivates you
Will I have access to the client’s evaluation and review of my work?
Yes, you will. Once the client has submitted their review, it will then appear on your profile.
Do I get any support when I am working on a job for a client?
Yes! You will always receive support and help from us. Examples of support can be time reporting, payment, provide guidance if there should be any misunderstandings.
Contract & Payment
How does the payment work?
Fairnurse will pay into any of your chosen bank account.
Fairnurse will create an invoice for the hours worked and send this to the client for payment. As soon as the client has paid, we will immediately transfer the payment to your bank account.
How often will I get paid?
We will invoice the client or practice after the job has been completed, in order for you to receive payment.
How long do I need to wait for my payment?
It may take up to 30 days until the money is transferred into your bank account. We have a 30-day payment period with our clients. Once we receive our payment from the client or practice we will immediately pay out the corresponding amount to your bank account.
How do I keep track of my working hours?
Your Fairnurse profile will keep a track of your hours for you and all invoices that have been sent to the client or practice.
How does freelance nursing work?
When you and the practice or client has agreed on a job, you will have a two-way-contract structure with Fairnurse as the middleman. The contract is called a service level agreement (SLA). Yourself and the practice will digitally accept the SLA to confirm you are happy with the terms. The SLA is based on well known standard service level agreements for freelance businesses. We are always transparent about everything that happens between the client and you as the nurse.
Couldn't find your answer here?
Contact us via email or use the live chat to get in touch.